Garmaine Staff asked 3 years ago

I need to get from the UK to Dortmund, Germany without flying so I'm planning on riding a motorbike there and getting the ferry from either Hull or Harwich to Hook of Holland.

I'll be on a a motorbike that has driving in the EU included in the insurance. I have a full motorcycle licence (Cat A). I am planning on making sure I take my drivers licence, ID, copy of insurance.

What laws or regulations I should be aware of when planning this journey? I'm assuming if I make the journey before the end of 2019, Brexit isn't likely to affect me due to the transition period.