Garmaine Staff asked 2 years ago

I am on a YMS from Canada for 2 years, that expires in April. I am planning to fly out to another country in Europe the day before it expires. I would like to travel around Europe for several weeks since I'm on this side of the pond, before flying home. However, given price of adding luggage to flights, as well as the inconvenience of carrying it, I was hoping to leave my bags in the UK for the 1.5 months that I travel, and return to the UK for 1 week at the end of May to grab my bags, and catch a flight at the beginning of June, one way, to Canada. The reason it's beginning June is that's when I found a flight that is under £350 one way and isn't 25 hours.

I have read many forums, with different experience from people. Basically, as I understand it, I'm legally entering as a visitor, but it's up the border agent to determine whether they believe I am actually coming as a visitor, or looking to continue my life here. If I bring with me a copy of my one way ticket to Canada, plus perhaps my resignation letters from my jobs in the UK, plus my flight and bus history around Europe from April to end of May – might that suffice?