Garmaine Staff asked 2 years ago

I have a kitchen cupboard that used to house an immersion heater….there is therefore a fairly heavy twin and earth terminating in what was once the switch for the immersion heater, on its own circuit with currently a 16A RCD at the consumer unit.

Along the line the switch has been replaced by a fused switch supplying a cupboard light and a spur off to a socket for the fridge.

Firstly, how legal or otherwise is that set up , secondly, if it's safe ( What ever happens I'm gong to replace the RCD at the CU with something of a much lower rating…6A? ) can I wire another socket out of that switch unit assuming the RCD is downrated accordingly?